A title loan is a great way to get a quick financial boost that you can use to pay bills, spend on groceries, or anything you like. But if you find yourself wondering, “how much can I get for my car title loan?” This article will explain how the title loan process works.
How Much Can I Get For My Car Title Loan?
The amount you will get for your car title loan depends entirely on several factors:
- The model year. The most significant factor that title loan companies use to determine the amount you can borrow is the age of the vehicle. If you have a more recent model, you will likely be able to qualify for more money than if you have an older car. However, this is not always true, and going in to have your vehicle assessed is a sure way to get the exact amount. Sometimes, a rare older vehicle, such as a classic car or an antique, may qualify for a higher amount than a brand new sedan!
- The vehicle’s make and model. This is the second most important factor – if you have a popular model from a reputable manufacturer, you are likely to get a higher value, even if the car is older. Certain vehicles may also be of a higher trim level, such as an older luxury vehicle. For example, these cars depreciate slower than more common models in base trims. It’s good to check with your title loan company for an exact quote.
More Factors That Affect Your Title Loan Value
- The condition. Of course, the condition of your vehicle is an integral part of the overall valuation. Suppose you have a car without exterior or interior damage, a good maintenance history (e.g., oil changes and tire rotations), and clean, undamaged paint. In that case, you will get more for your car title loan.
- The mileage on the vehicle. This one is self-explanatory: the more miles you have on your car, the lower it may be valued. Don’t be discouraged if you have a high-mileage vehicle, though! You may still be able to qualify for a good car title loan.
- Any modifications or upgrades. Most modifications lower a car’s value, such as steering wheels, spoilers, or stereo systems. However, a good quality upgrade – preferably performed by the manufacturer – can considerably enhance your vehicle’s value. Make sure you speak to your title loan provider and point out any upgrades, as they may be valuable!
If you’re a first-time borrower and need urgent cash for your vehicle’s title loan, you might not know where to start. Fortunately, your title loan company is ready to work with you to value your car so you can get the best offer possible.
At Advantage Financial LLC, we know how urgent it can be when you need quick cash. We’re ready to work with you for your car title loan. We’re a registered Credit Service Organization (CSO) with the Secretary of State of Texas. We also have the appropriate licensing and credentials with the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner (OCCC). Plus, we have 13 years of experience serving the communities of Houston and the surrounding areas. Give us a call at (281) 410-5337, and we look forward to working with you.